At Phoenix Store, we take privacy very seriously. We strive to be transparent about our privacy practices, including how we handle your personal information. This policy explains our privacy practices for Phoenix Store.com (referred to as the “Site & Apps”). We will use the term “Services” to collectively refer to the Site, Apps, Phoenix Store Payments, and Patterns by Phoenix Store.
It’s important for you to understand how we use your information. You should read this policy in full, but some key points and references to help you navigate this policy are:
1. What Information We Collect and Receive
In order to provide our Services, we collect and receive information directly or indirectly related to you (Personal Information) in various ways and from different sources, which we have outlined below. The terms used in capital letters in Section 1 are definitions we use throughout this Policy, so please refer back to this table as needed.
2. How We Use Your Information and Our Legal Bases
When you access or use our Services or interact with our Site and/or Apps, we collect, use, share, and process your personal information for the purposes outlined in this policy. To the extent required by applicable law, we rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in this way. If you reside outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (UK) (collectively referred to as the “European Territory”), the legal bases we rely on may be different from those listed below.
3. How We Share Your Information
- Information Displayed Publicly: By using the Services, certain information about you will be publicly displayed on the Site and Apps, such as Public Buyer Profile Information and Public Seller Profile Information (as defined in Section 2). Buyers and Sellers can choose to make certain information and activities private through their accounts or Public Profile settings. Other information related to your use of the Services will also be publicly displayed, including your join date, information related to items you review, photos or videos of items you purchase, lists of saved products you categorize as “Favorites and Collections,” followers, people you follow, comments you post in our community spaces, and information you choose to share through social networks. Your reviews of stores or items you purchase may also be shared on other platforms and search engines, including Google.
- Third-Party Websites or Services Linked: Some Members may choose to connect to Phoenix Store or register a Phoenix Store account using external third-party applications, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Linking your Phoenix Store account to third-party applications or services is optional. If you choose to link your account to a third-party application, the service provider or product may receive information about you that is shared by Phoenix Store, you, or others with them. Please note that when you use third-party websites or services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those sites or services.
- Third-Party Payments: You can also link your bank account or payment method to make purchases through third-party services available through the Phoenix Store Site or App. When you sign up with these third-party partners, we will inform you of what information is collected and what information will be shared with Phoenix Store. This facilitates quick and secure purchases without having to re-enter forms.
- Professional Advisors, Industry Partners, Authorities, and Regulators: We share your information as described in Section 3 with our professional advisors and consultants, regulators and tax authorities, law enforcement, government agencies, parties in civil litigation, and industry partners (such as trade groups) for the following purposes:
- To comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, subpoenas, legal processes, or government requests.
- To protect the rights, property, and safety of our Members, Phoenix Store, the Phoenix Store Group of Companies, or others, including preventing death or bodily harm.
- Service Providers: Phoenix Store also engages third-party companies and individuals (such as research companies, analytics services, and security providers) to assist us in operating, providing, and advertising the Services. These third parties have limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are prohibited from disclosing or using your information for other purposes. They are solely tasked with conducting research and analysis on Phoenix site developments.
4. How We Transfer Your Information
Phoenix Store operates a global e-commerce platform. By using the Services, you acknowledge that Phoenix Store will use your information in the United States and other countries where the Phoenix Store Group of Companies operates. Please note that the laws and privacy standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those in your home country. To the extent that Phoenix Store is considered to transfer personal information outside the EEA, we rely separately, alternatively, and independently on the following legal bases to transfer your information:
If available, we rely on European Commission decisions, known as “adequacy decisions,” which recognize that certain countries offer a level of personal data protection essentially equivalent to the EEA. The list of adequacy decisions is available here on the European Commission’s website.
Standard Contractual Clauses
If not, we primarily rely on the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for international personal data transfers, including, for example, to the United States and India. This includes transfers from Phoenix Store Ireland UC to Phoenix Store, Inc. and other Phoenix Store Group Companies. You can request a copy of our Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Necessary for the Performance of a Contract Between Phoenix Store and Its Users
5. How We Protect Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We protect your personal information through technical and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of unauthorized or unlawful access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or use of your data. To safeguard your account, we recommend that you choose your password carefully and enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for login. You can learn more about enhancing account security in your account settings.
6. How Long We Retain Your Information
Phoenix Store will retain your information only for as long as necessary for the purposes outlined in this Policy, while your account is active, or as required to comply with our legal obligations under applicable national laws. We determine how long we need information on a case-by-case basis and depending on applicable retention laws.
The following factors typically influence the retention period:
- Need for the Provision of Our Services: We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide our Services to you. This includes activities such as maintaining and improving the performance of our Site and Applications, ensuring the security of our Services, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. Most of our retention periods are determined based on these general guidelines.
- Processing of Personal Data Based on Consent: If we process personal data based on consent (including consent for extended storage), we retain the data for as long as necessary to process it in accordance with your consent or until you withdraw your consent.
- Legal Obligations, Contracts, or Similar Obligations: Phoenix Store will retain and use your information as required to comply with our legal obligations, for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws or Know Your Customer laws.
7. Your Rights and Choices
Certain privacy laws worldwide, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe, grant rights and choices to users concerning their personal information. Consistent with these laws, Phoenix Store provides you with options to access, edit, or delete certain information, as well as choices regarding how we contact you. Additionally, under applicable law, you may have specific rights regarding your personal information, such as:
- Right of Access: You can access certain personal information related to your account by visiting your account privacy settings. You may request a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format, along with information explaining how that information is used. Refer to the Help Center article for more information.
- Right to Portability: You have the right to receive certain information you provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit that information to another controller.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request us to correct inaccurate information about you. By visiting your account settings, you can correct and amend certain personal information related to your account.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, except for information we are required to retain by law, regulations, or to protect the safety, security, rights, and integrity of Phoenix Store. Please note that closing your account may not release your email address, username, or store name (if applicable) for reuse on a new account. Refer to the Help Center article for more information.
8. Your Responsibility
You are responsible for safeguarding your Phoenix account by not disclosing your password to anyone else. Do not share your account with anyone to prevent unwanted occurrences. Help us by keeping your account secure, including logging out when you are leaving our site or application.
We may change or update this policy from time to time. If we believe such changes are significant, we will notify you by posting these changes through the Services and sending you an email or message about them. We encourage you to periodically check and review any updates.
11. How to Contact Us
If you have questions:
- Contact the Phoenix Store Support team through our Help Center
- Chat Support (available on our Site)
- Email the Phoenix Store Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Last updated on September 30, 2023.